- Sweeps away dead, peeling skin
- Reduces appearance of lines, improves texture
- Cushions and softens lips
TOCOPHEROL ACETATE: Moisturizing, water-binding
SHEA BUTTER: Emollient
JOJOBA, OLIVE, SOYBEAN: Smoothing, moisturizing
LEMON, ORANGE, TANGERINE, PEPPERMINT, SPEARMINT AND CARDAMOM OILS: Cooling, calming
A LITTLE LIP LESSON:
Your lips are the 'transition' between the non-moist skin of your face and the moist skin of your mouth. Because of this transistion, they're prone to rough texture and appearance.
The pink portion of your lips is called the vermilion. It contains many capillaries close to the surface giving lips their red appearance. The vermilion is very thin with no oil or sweat glands so lips can become extremely dry, especially in cold weather, low humidity surroundings or indoor heating.
- Lips do not have the same protective outer layer found in other skin. Moisture evaporates from the lips quickly, which makes them dry out more easily.
Allergies and fever can also cause excessive lip dryness due to dehydration and mouth-breathing. Peeling, cracking and lines are a result.
Average Rating from 2 reviews
- Billie (April 30th, 2012)