I often tease people about how “rough” it is to work out of Palm Springs, CA. This past winter, when talking to colleagues in snowy Chicago, or Learning Coaches in the rainy, gray Northwest, sometimes I just couldn’t help myself.
“12 inches of snow and 10 degrees? Well, it’s bad in Palm Springs, too - it’s 65 degrees today! I may not even get in a swim this afternoon!”
But just because Palm Springs is typically warmer than other climates doesn’t mean it doesn’t experience the seasonal changes that occur across the country this time of year, as we now swing from colder to warmer temperatures this spring. In fact, two weeks ago it was 65 degrees here. Last week it was 100!
No matter where you live, your skin needs help to adjust with the seasons. Here’s how to transition into spring’s warmer, more humid weather with great skin:
2. Give your skin a surge of moisture twice a week with a 10-minute hydrating gel mask like Gel Therapy.
3. Switch from a creme to a lighter-weight eye gel, like Calmitude Delicate Skin Eye Gel.
4. Dry, cracked, chapped lips don’t happen only in the winter – they can happen all year long. Keep a tube of Instant Emollient with you for smooth and soft lips on-the-go.
5. I hope you’re wearing an SPF 365 days a year, but now that the weather’s getting warmer, make sure you’re applying it on your neck and chest, too, as you’re likely to expose those areas more. Plus, V-Neck Smoothing Creme will help repair deep neck creases, freckles and crinkly, weathered skin – cleavage-to-chin.
6. Suffer from seasonal allergies? You may benefit from switching to a sensitive skin care line to protect your skin from visible irritation and help sooth it throughout the season.
7. Go pro. A visit with a Bioelements skin care professional will help you determine the exact products you should be using throughout the year. Find a spa near you here.
Is the weather changing where you are? Are you changing your skin care along with it? Let me know in the comments!