Both spa professionals and spa-goers want nothing but the best from their 60-minute spa sessions. We recently asked spa goers to share their top facial pet peeves when at the spa. But now it’s the skin care professionals turn! Sometimes it’s the client’s habits that can lead to a fumbled facial. Here are the top 16 pet peeves estheticians have when it comes to treatment room etiquette.
Professional Facial Treatment Pet Peeves
16. Stinky feet
15. Showing up early and being impatient
14. Bad breath
13. Not tipping
12. Coming in sick
11. Showing up late or not showing up at all
10. Moving your head or arms when touched/”Trying to assist me in my movements”
9. Bringing children in the treatment room
8. Won’t remove clothing/insist on wearing clothes under the robe – “I can’t treat/massage the neck and shoulders!”
7. Won’t remove jewelry
6. Coming in with a full face of makeup
5. Clients who don’t heed an esthetician’s skin care advice
4. Unrealistic expectations of post-facial results
3. Ringing phones and answering calls
2. Clients who won’t stop talking
1. Keeping your eyes open during the treatment – (“close them so I won’t get product in your eyes!”)
Spa-goers: What do you think of these pet peeves? Have you ever committed any of the above?
Skin care professionals: Have more pet-peeves to add? Tell me in the comments below!