With a wealth of information on anti-aging skin care available, you can probably recite the ingredient buzzwords alphabetically. While antioxidants, retinol, and sunscreen are all important components to any effective anti-aging skin care routine, the odds are good that you’re still leaving out one important ingredient: probiotics!
Your skin has natural microflora – an environment of healthy bacteria used to keep skin age-resistant and strong. These bacteria are called probiotics, and fight free radical damage and irritation that can cause signs of aging. As skin matures, its ability to maintain a healthy level of probiotics decreases. With a depleted microflora, your skin becomes more susceptible to aging, wrinkle-causing damage. Stop this damage before it starts by supplementing your daily skin care routine with a healthy dose of skin-friendly bacteria. You may have seen the words “active probiotics” stamped on the yogurts in your dairy aisle. But before you begin a search for at-home yogurt skin care recipes, put down the DIY! Yogurt is formulated with the right nutrients for your diet – not your skin. Incorporating probiotics into your daily skin care routine through professional probiotic skin care ensures the quality and stability you need to see results.
Your probiotic plan
As with any new product you incorporate into your skin care routine, the probiotic-packed product you choose, and the results you see with it, are only as good as the rest of the products in your daily agenda. Here’s a complete step-by-step that will keep your skin’s probiotic balance in check, so it’s ready to fight wrinkle-causing irritation when you need it:
- Cleanse – When left exposed to environmental aggressors, skin can be starved for moisture. Choose Moisture Positive Cleanser to leave skin feeling cleansed, not stripped.
- Exfoliate – Skin cell turnover naturally slows with age so anti-aging ingredients have a harder time penetrating layers of un-shed cells to do their job. Give your skin a hand at night with an alpha hydroxy-rich leave-on exfoliant like Quick Refiner that targets dead skin cells to smooth fine lines and boost brightness.
- Tone - Spritz on a peptide-rich toner like Power Peptide to boost moisture and prepare your skin to better absorb the powerful anti-agers that come later in your routine.
- Target – Reach for a serum that willzero in on your skin’s natural probiotic environment. Bioelements Probiotic Anti-Aging Serum contains natural bifidius cultures found in yogurt and dietary supplements to balance your skin’s natural microflora, so it stays protected against environmental aggressors that can provoke irritation, keeping it age-resistant and strong.
- Treat- Lock in moisture and improve tone with an anti-aging creme like Sleepwear that works overnight to erase fine lines and wrinkles.
Have more questions about probiotics and how they fit into your anti-aging routine? Ask me in the comments!