All these changes mean that the products you apply at night will penetrate better than they would during the day! So make the most of the PM with an intensive treatment product: Sleepwear. It smoothes out lines and helps rebuild firming collagen and elastin.
Did you know?
You can't "catch up" on your sleep. Once you've missed those precious ZZZs, they're gone forever. And, lack of sleep leads to blotchy skin, lusterless hair, dull tired eyes, illness, headaches, sluggish body functions and insomnia.
A quick science lesson: Medical research has discovered that probiotic supplements taken internally help maintain the body’s protective microflora balance and support its immune system. Bioelements believes that topical use of probiotics can provide the same protective balance to the skin, keeping it strong, healthy and age-resistant.
DID YOU KNOW?
Doctors and nutritionists have been touting the internal benefits of probiotic actives and smart yogurt companies are now packing their products with it. Take a look at your favorite yogurt brand in your refrigerator.
The skin surrounding the eyes is the thinnest on the body, and it has few oil glands. Gravity brings on sagging and even everyday tugging and touching can result in loss of firmness. No wonder it's arguably the most complained- about area for aging on the face.
- Age Signs: Fine lines and crow's feet; dryness, dark circles, puffiness
- Take Action: Bioelements Multi-Task Eye Creme and Multi-Task Eye Oil will work to moisturize, soothe, de-puff and help reduce dark circles. Also try Eye Area 1-3 times a week.
The skin's microcirculation is defined by a network of capillaries that irrigate and nourish the skin. As microcirculation begins to slow down, skin becomes dull and sluggish, and loses its radiant glow.
- Age Signs: Loss of radiance; tired/sluggish skin
- Take Action: A chemical exfoliant like Quick Reﬁner will keep dead skin cells turning and rev-up circulation. At night, try the anti-aging duo of Probiotic Anti-Aging Serum used together with Sleepwear.
Lips are the 'transition' between the non-moist skin of the face and the moist skin of the mouth. Because of this transition, lips are prone to rough texture and loss of color – some of the most common signs of early aging.
- Your number of skin cells decrease by 10% every decade. Meaning that they divide more slowly, making the skin less able to repair itself.
- Your sebaceous glands get bigger, but produce less sebum. And your number of sweat glands decrease. Both of these changes lead to increased dryness.
- Your skin gets thinner, less collagen is produced and the elastin fibers (that create elasticity and firmness) wear out. All of this equals wrinkles and sagging.
- The fat cells in your face get smaller. This leads to more noticeable wrinkles and sagging, as the fat cells cannot "ﬁll in" everyday damage as well as it could before.
DID YOU KNOW?
Exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, accounts for 90% of the symptoms of premature skin aging. So wear a UVA/UVB sunscreen every day!
Peptides - The message carriers
Peptides are powerful protein fragments. There are many different types of peptides, and each one delivers a different message to your skin cells. Power Peptide is packed with palmitoyl tri-peptide 3. What's the message? Slow down aging and stimulate collagen! Collagen acts just like the coil springs in a mattress. When collagen is strong and stimulated, it helps support the structure of your skin, smoothing lines and wrinkles. Message delivered. Message received.
Ingredient found in: Power Peptide
Hyaluronic Acid - The Moisture Maker
What does hyaluronic acid do? Hyaluronic acid has a trick up its sleeve – it can bind 1000x its weight in moisture. That's quite a feat – and quite a powerful addition to any anti-aging lineup. Why is moisture so important? Imagine the surface of your skin as a grape – smooth, plump, and free of lines and wrinkles. Now, take the moisture out of the grape, and what do you get? A dry, wrinkly raisin. Dehydration is a major cause of lines and wrinkles on your skin, so it's important to hydrate. And no ingredient hydrates better than hyaluronic acid. Who knew one little ingredient could deliver such a dramatic dose of moisture?
Ingredient found in: Moisture x10
Topical Calcium - The Strengthener
Why 'strengthen' the skin? You've heard about the anti-aging benefits of lifting weights – you get stronger bones and muscles, and greater flexibility. The same can be said about your skin – the more you strengthen it, the better it will function. That's why topical calcium was such a discovery. What does it do? When added to skin care, it helps strengthen your skin from top to bottom: it helps connective tissues (like collagen and elastin, which support your skin's structure) to regenerate, lipids (essential fats that keep your skin supple and smooth) to strengthen, and encourages your skin's barrier layer to strengthen.
Ingredient found in: Sleepwear
Probiotics - The Defender
What are probiotics? Your skin hosts an environment of friendly bacteria – they're called probiotics. Their job is to fight free radical damage and irritation that can cause a number of aging signs. But as time goes on, this community of bacteria can diminish and weaken, leaving your skin susceptible to damage. How do they defend my skin? Probiotics work to protect this environment by replacing lost bacteria, and preventing further loss. With a fully functioning and thriving probiotic environment, your skin will become balanced, calmer, and more resistive to aging.
Ingredient found in: Probiotic Anti-Aging Serum
The skin on your neck and chest is different than the skin on your face. Thinner, more delicate and with fewer oil glands, the entire area from chin-to-chest is often left unprotected, making it vulnerable to environmental assaults. Most of us ignore this skin zone until damage begins to appear in the form of neck creases, crinkly texture and unwanted freckles –premature age signs that can be prevented and repaired with targeted skin care. So don't reach for the products you use on your face to care for your neck and chest. Address the area's specific concerns with Bioelements V-Neck Smoothing Creme.
Hey, where is my v-area anyway? Your v-area is the part of your skin across your upper chest.
Wait...my skin isn’t the same everywhere?It’s not –the stratum corneum (that’s the outermost layer of your skin) can vary in thickness from 15 to 55 layers –the thinnest is around your eyes; the thickest is on the soles of your feet. The skin on your neck and chest is not only thin, but it has very few oil glands, and a higher level of sensitivity than your face. Combine that with normal aging and the cumulative effects of day-in, day-out sun exposure, and you need a product formulated with ingredients that are scientifically designed to treat the neck and v-area.
You can fight the signs of premature aging and experience visible firmer skin with CreateFirm - Bioelements' needle-free, laser-less, skin tightening serum.
How does Aquamide-5 work? Aquamide-5 may sound like a super-high-tech, advanced ingredient from the future - and it is. It's our exclusive ingredient innovation that combines five skin-identical ceramides to activate lipid production, plus purified microalgae to help stimulate collagen formation and tighten tissues.
DID YOU KNOW?
Sure, skin begins to sag with normal aging, but everyday actions can make it sag even faster. Sun damage, smoking, environmental pollutants and a poor diet can bring on age signs as early as your 20s and 30s. But it's never too late to take action - keep your skin clean and protected with the right products, and don't forget to see your Bioelements skin care pro for powerful skin-firming treatments.
You can have smooth, soft, naturally youthful lips without any extreme measures. Lip Buff contains exfoliating sugar cane crystals to gently sweep away dead, peeling skin, reducing lines and promoting natural color. Plus, comforting citrus and mint essential oils, shea butter, and olive, soybean and jojoba oils cushion lips with softness. dryness disappears, texture is improved. Lipstick goes on smoother, lasts longer.
A LITTLE LIP LESSON:
- Your lips are the 'transition' between the non-moist skin of your face and the moist skin of your mouth. Because of this transistion, they're prone to rough texture and appearance.
- The pink portion of your lips is called the vermilion. It contains many capillaries close to the surface giving lips their red appearance. The vermilion is very thin with no oil or sweat glands so lips can become extremely dry, especially in cold weather, low humidity surroundings or indoor heating.
- Lips do not have the same protective outer layer found in other skin. Moisture evaporates from the lips quickly, which makes them dry out more easily.
- Allergies and fever can also cause excessive lip dryness due to dehydration and mouth-breathing. Peeling, cracking and lines are a result.